After a long time we are again writing about LG phones as due to their less popularity very less custom rom guide’s and rooting guides are out.But this time the XDA developers have done a good job with a easy and tutorial to root your LG optimus L7 so that we can install the custom rom’s which also help’s in performance and display tweaks.But before you apply this update remember that after rooting your device the warranty is lost.Kindly read the prerequisite too before applying this tutorial.
Disclaimer: This is to make aware to all readers that neither we, nor the developer would be responsible for any damage that takes place in your phone while following the instructions that we would be sharing. Although it’s very rare to have any damage take in your phone while following the instructions mentioned in this article, but still if any issues take place, we would try to find out the possible solution to the soonest.
Pre-requisites to root LG optimus L7
- Your phone must be at least 60 % charged otherwise it will get switched off due to shortage of power.
- Import your Contacts to your SD card,after a importing a .vcf file will be created which would contain all the contacts which you can later on export.
- Taking a backup of the call logs,Messages,Notes is advisable as it get’s erased during the updation process.We can later on Import the following back again.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Enter “Settings” and select “Applications” from where your will see a option “Development “just tick USB debugging there and USB debugging would be enabled on your mobile device.
- All antivirus and firewalls on your device should be disabled
- Phone should consist of V10A Firmware
- YOur computer must have LG drivers installed
Procedure to root LG optimus L7
- Download the rooting package
- To install the rooting package using your PC ,Please follow this Guide on Xda developers
- PLease wait for 5-10 minutes while starting the phone for the first time as it may take time
- Use the phone only after it reaches the lock screen