I believe XDA developers hardly sleep.They have been developing mind blowing rom’s for different phones.This rom is for all the LG optimus GT-540 users.Rom is named as ICECREAMSWIFT developed by XDA developer named -miroslav_mm .We have also mentioned some prerequisite which you must follow for proper installation.This update will enable Ice cream sandwich with CM9 on your device.
What all is working fine?
- SRS WOW & SRS TrueBASS (optional)
- EGL (2D/3D)
- H/W Acceleration
- Codecs (only soft)
- Live Wallpapers
- Deep sleep
- Phone radio (calling, sms, mms, data)
- Sound & Mic
- Wift Tethering
- Bluetooth Tethering (untested)
- USB Tethering (untested)
- USB Mass Storage Device
- Vibration & Haptic feedback
- Google Sync
- Data Counter
- Color Banding
- Camera (with autofocus and preview)
- Qualcomm ICS GPU drivers
- Clean CM9
- Fast and smooth system
Please follow this detailed guide to install CM 9 on your LG device
Disclaimer: This is to make aware to all readers that neither we, nor the developer would be responsible for any damage that takes place in your phone while following the instructions that we would be sharing. Although it’s very rare to have any damage take in your phone while following the instructions mentioned in this article, but still if any issues take place, we would try to find out the possible solution to the soonest.
Bugs on the rom
- Fm radio use sprint from google playshop to use FM
- Decoders and encoders
Pre-requisites to install CyanogenMod 9 with Android 4.0.4 on LG optimus gt-540
- Your phone must be atleast 60 % charged otherwise it will get switched off due to shortage of power.
- Import your Contacts to your SD card,after a importing a .vcf file will be created which would contain all the contacts which you can later on export.
- Taking a backup of the call logs,Messages,Notes is advisable as it get’s erased during the updation process.We can later on Import the following back again.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Enter “Settings” and select “Applications” from where your will see a option “Development “just tick USB debugging there and USB debugging would be enabled on your mobile device.
- All the antivirus on your phone and PC should be disabled.
- This update is only for Lg optimus GT-540 and not for any other LG device
- Make sure you have installed proper kernel
How to update CyanogenMod 9 with Android 4.0.4 on LG optimus gt-540
- Download ICE Cream swift latest Build from the give download link
- Connect your phone via USB cable to your PC
- Place the downloaded file on the SD card and make sure you donot place it too inside the Card
- Switch off the Optimus and enter into Recovery mod
- Enter recovery mode by pressing the Volume up +down key with power button simultaneously
- Use power button to select files and volume up and down key to select files
- Select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ Select the file” “update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-IceCreamS”
- After selecting the file it will show a message “reboot now”
Bravo,You are done with the update now you can enjoy CM on GT-540.