Sony Xperia ray users get’s a ics 4.0.4 rom which would enable the experience of ICS on their android phone.This is a beta release and has some bugs which will be soon sorted by the XDA developer.
Bugs and errors on the rom
- You won’t be able to use face unlock(Patch would be released soon)
Note-This update is only for Sony cperia ray and not any other device from Sony.
Firmware Update Details-This update will enable ICS 4.0.4 on your android phone.
Disclaimer: This is to make aware to all readers that neither we, nor the developer would be responsible for any damage that takes place in your phone while following the instructions that we would be sharing. Although it’s very rare to have any damage take in your phone while following the instructions mentioned in this article, but still if any issues take place, we would try to find out the possible solution to the soonest.
Pre-requisites to Install ICS 4.0.4 Official ICS port for Sony Xperia ray Play
- The device should be nearly 60% charged Before the updation process is started because Due to the shortage of Battery power the phone can get switched off leaving the updation incomplete and your phone can also get bricked due to this.
- You need to have DooMLoRDs ics beta kernel -Check out the kernel
- Import your Contacts to your SD card,after a importing a .vcf file will be created which would contain all the contacts which you can later on export.
- Taking a backup of the call logs,Messages,Notes is advisable as it get’s erased during the updation process.We can later on Import the following back again.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Enter “Settings” and select “Applications” from where your will see a option “Development “just tick USB debugging there and USB debugging would be enabled on your mobile device.
- All the Antivirus and firewall’s on your device should be Disabled.
- This update is not a official one and you are installing it on your risks.
- To install the update properly,Kindly read the Pre-Requisites properly.
Steps to install ICS 4.0.4 Official ICS port for Sony Xperia ray Play
- Download the Following packages-ICS 4.0.4 rom and wifi module
- Drag Both the files on to your SD card
- Flash the kernel from the above link in prerequisites
- Restart your phone
- Now turn off your Sony Xperia ray and enter the CWM
- To enter recovery mode Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down button + Power Button till the time your phone restarts.
- Select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ Select the downloaded Rom from Official Thread
- Do the same with wifi module file too
- After the choosing the file restart your phone and it will take 5-10 Minutes for booting
That’s it .You are done with the update.If you are facing some problems while installing clean rom on your Xperia ray.Please let us know thru the comment section or facebook official fanpage.