Well, AT & 2 Galaxy S2 users got something to cheer up as now we have interesting news for them as their mobile devices are now ready to be updated from Foxhound ROM. This Foxhound is an Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 based ROM which can now be applied on AT & T Galaxy S2 with some new looks and really extra customization features. So, let us take a look at the tutorial along with detailed pre-requisites.
Disclaimer: This is to make aware to all readers that neither we, nor the developer would be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following the instructions that we would be sharing. Although it’s very rare to have any damage to your device while following the instructions mentioned in this article, but still if any issues take place, we would try to find out the possible solution to the soonest.
Pre-requisites to Install Foxhound ROM on AT&T Galaxy S2
- Firstly make sure that the device on which you are accommodating this update is Samsung AT & T Galaxy S2 and not any other device by Samsung or any other company.
- Make sure that your battery is charged up to 80% before you apply the update because if your phone will get switched off between of the time you are applying the update and you won’t be able to update your device and even you could face several issues like your phone gets DEAD and we won’t be responsible for that.
- We recommend you to backup of all your contacts, call logs and messages. Well, you can take backup to your SD card and later on import it back.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and USB debugging would be enabled on your mobile device.
- Also make sure to disable all antivirus suites and Firewall on your PC so that the updating process may not get interrupted meanwhile.
- Also follow the instructions mentioned below properly.
Steps to Install Foxhound ROM on AT&T Galaxy S2
- First Download the ROM from official development page.
- After download, place it in your Phone’s SD card.
- Turn off you phone so as to reboot in recovery mode and to do the same, press and hold Volume Up+ Volume Down + power button and keep holding these buttons until you see the recovery screen.
- Now you need to perform a wipe in your phone and select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache’
- After your device gets into recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” and then select “choose zip from SD card”, Now you have select the FoxHound ROM Zip package you downloaded in step 1 which you had placed in your device earlier.
- Well, the update process would complete in few minutes and once it gets completed, it will land again to the recovery screen.
- In the recovery screen, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then option of “reboot system now” to restart your phone.
- So, congrats, you are done with applying this update.
You have successfully Installed Foxhound ROM on AT&T Galaxy S2 and if you have any issues or doubts regarding the same, than do let us know via comments.