I am really happy to see the works by android developers from xda developing fabulous roms with great User interface and Customization.Thanks to Paul.XX(Xda developer ) For developing these roms for Xperia X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro.Make sure the device is rooted and installed with CWM.Just make sure you follow all these rules while installing these roms.
Disclaimer: This is to make aware to all readers that neither we, nor the developer would be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following the instructions that we would be sharing. Although it’s very rare to have any damage to your device while following the instructions mentioned in this article, but still if any issues take place, we would try to find out the possible solution to the soonest
Follow these following steps for these roms CM9 based rom for Xperia X8,X10,X10 Mini,X10 Mini pro
Pre-requisites for installing Android 4.0.3 rom for your xperia 8,X10,X10 Mini,X10 Mini pro
- Make sure that the device on which you are applying this update is xperia 8,X10,X10 Mini,X10 Mini pro and not any other device by Sony or any other company.
- We recommend you to backup all your contacts, back, logs, etc. with Backup apps.
- You can import your data to your phone’s SD card and later on you can export it back.
- Make sure that your phone has sufficient battery, at least 80% before you apply the update because if your phone will get switched off between of the time you are applying the update and you won’t be able to update your device and even you could face several issues like your phone gets DEAD and we won’t be responsible for that.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and USB debugging would be enabled on your mobile device.
- Also uninstall your antivirus suites in your computer as well as on your mobile phone so that update process may not get interrupted meanwhile.
- Make sure to follow all the instructions mentioned below properly.
Steps to Update android 4.0.3 CM9 custom rom for Xperia X8,X10,X10 Mini,X10 Mini pro
- Firstly Download roms for Xperia x8 from here and Xperia x10 mini from here and for Xperia X10 pro from here to your Computer.
- Connect your phone to the Computer with USB cable.
- Place the downloaded ROM in your phone.
- Disconnect your device by removing the USB cable so that it can be entered into recovery mode.
- To enter boot loader mode in your phone, Press and hold Volume Up + OK Down button + Power Button till the time your phone restarts.
- In boot loader mode, select the option of ‘recovery’ so that your phone can enter into recovery mode.
- As your phone enters into recovery mode, Select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ on the next screen and now scroll to the ROM and select the File.
- After selecting, it would take some time to complete the installation process.
- After the ROM has completed installing, restart your phone by selecting the option of ‘reboot system now’ and your phone would restart.
- You’re done with the update!