Xperia S LT26i users has something to be happy as here is a rooting tutorial to root your device easily.This root will enable you to install custom rom firmware but make sure if you root your device the warranty will be void.This firmware is code named as”6.1.A.0.452″ .
Disclaimer: This is to make aware to all readers that neither we, nor the developer would be responsible for any damage that takes place in your phone while following the instructions that we would be sharing. Although it’s very rare to have any damage take in your phone while following the instructions mentioned in this article, but still if any issues take place, we would try to find out the possible solution to the soonest.
Benefits of rooting your device
- You can install Custom rom firmwares
- Can install third party software
Pre-requisites to Root SONY Xperia S LT26i with Official ICS Firmware
- Your phone must be atleast 60 % charged otherwise it will get switched off due to shortage of power.
- Import your Contacts to your SD card,after a importing a .vcf file will be created which would contain all the contacts which you can later on export.
- Taking a backup of the call logs,Messages,Notes is advisable as it get’s erased during the updation process.We can later on Import the following back again.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Enter “Settings” and select “Applications” from where your will see a option “Development “just tick USB debugging there and USB debugging would be enabled on your mobile device.
- All the antivirus on your phone and PC should be disabled.
- ADB should be installed on your PC with admin rights
- You must have the latest version of ICS on your phone
- This update is only for Sony Xperia s LT26I and for not any other device from Sony.
How to SONY Xperia S LT26i with Official ICS Firmware
- Download the following packages and save the files on your device-Nazomi Recovery Image, Super User
- Place the files on your computer “platform-tool”
- Connect your device using the orginal USB cable
- Download this kernel and place it in the inbuilt memory of your phone
- Now open Command prompt and type the following code”fastboot flash boot recovery-nozomi.img“
- Now enter recovery mode and Super user and kernel placed on your SD card
- Now open any compressing program and extract the downloaded filed named “kernel.sin”
- Enter the following code in command prompt again “fastboot flash boot kernel.sin“
That’s it your rooted your device and can install third party custom rom’s easily.