Here is another rom for Micromax A60 users it was nearly few time back we reported about Custom rom Firmware’s for Micromax A60 which received a huge queries from the users.The last rom was code named as Jet 2.1 and was released in Feb 2012.This is a release from Xda developer named varun.chitre15 .
Features on the rom
- Based on Android 2.2.2 Firmware
- Nano-Tool for developers
- AppstoSD has been removed
- SONY Bravia Engine on The phone
- Aroma App for Camera tweaks
- All the useless scripts has been removed
- Latest Ice cream sandwich Status bar
- transparent notification bar
- Google apps has been removed
- ICS keyboard
- New launcher named as Hola launcher
Disclaimer: This is to make aware to all readers that neither we, nor the developer would be responsible for any damage that takes place in your phone while following the instructions that we would be sharing. Although it’s very rare to have any damage take in your phone while following the instructions mentioned in this article, but still if any issues take place, we would try to find out the possible solution to the soonest.
Pre-requisites to Install Micromax A60 Froyo Based 2.2 Custom rom JetMOD 2.2
- Your phone must be atleast 60 % charged otherwise it will get switched off due to shortage of power.
- Import your Contacts to your SD card,after a importing a .vcf file will be created which would contain all the contacts which you can later on export.
- Taking a backup of the call logs,Messages,Notes is advisable as it get’s erased during the updation process.We can later on Import the following back again.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Enter “Settings” and select “Applications” from where your will see a option “Development “just tick USB debugging there and USB debugging would be enabled on your mobile device.
- Make sure all the antivirus and firewall’s on your Micromax a60 is disabled.
- This update is only for Micromax a60 and not for any other phone by Micromax
- Follow all the steps so that you do not face any hassles while updating.
Procedure to install the Micromax A60 Froyo Based 2.2 Custom rom JetMOD 2.2
- Download the Files from the official development thread or from the Direct link
- After downloading the files,Connect your Phone to your PC Using orginal Usb cable
- Put the downloaded files on your SD card
- Switch off your device and enter Clockwork mod
- To enter recovery mode Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down button + Power Button till the time your phone restarts.
- Select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ Select the file” “Jet mod 2.2 rom”
- As soon as you select the file it will take nearly 5-7 minutes to get flashed
- That’s it you are done