Oh ! My god seriously not able to believe what XDA developers are doing.They are rocking the world of android with latest custom rom’s .But this time it is some thing odd as they have come up with a custom rom for galaxy Ace S5830 which can enable Apple iOS 5 experience on this android smartphone.This is really adorable work from them.Here is small and detailed guide to install iOS 5 Rom on your galaxy ace.
Disclaimer: This is to make aware to all readers that neither we, nor the developer would be responsible for any damage that takes place in your phone while following the instructions that we would be sharing. Although it’s very rare to have any damage take in your phone while following the instructions mentioned in this article, but still if any issues take place, we would try to find out the possible solution to the soonest.
Pre-requisites to install iOS 5 on your Samsung galaxy Ace S5830
- Your Galaxy Ace must be charged minimum 50-60 % otherwise it won’t complete the installation properly.
- Clock recovery mod must be installed
- Your phone must be prerooted with Android Gingerbread 2.3.X .
- Import your Contacts to your SD card,after a importing a .vcf file will be created which would contain all the contacts which you can later on export.
- Taking a backup of the call logs,Messages,Notes is advisable as during the updation process it can result in loss of the following data’s.
- Install Samsung Drivers From here
- Wipe dalvik cache from advanced menu
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Follow the path Enter “Settings” and select “Applications” from where your will see a option “Development “just tick USB debugging there and USB debugging would be enabled on your mobile device.
- All the antivirus and firewalls on your PC and phone should disabled.
- To install the update properly,Kindly read the Pre-Requisites properly.
Procedure to install iOs5 on your Galaxy Ace
- Download the iOS% Custom rom file from the direct link
- For latest version you can check the XDA thread
- Drag and put the files on your SD card
- Switch off your device and enter Clockwork mod
- To enter recovery mode Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down button + Power Button till the time your phone restarts.
- Select ‘Install ZIP from SD card’ and then select ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ Select the file” “Ios for galaxy Ace”
- As soon as you select the file it will take nearly 5-7 minutes to get flashed
- Yes,You are done with the update
Hope you have successfully updated your phone with apple iOS 5 Custom rom.